Yes Emily

Yes Emily, girls can ride motorcycles!


Saturday, July 3, 2010

Day One, On The Road

So today, I didn't get as far as I thought I would, but was delighted to know that Rachel and Sydney are on board with Alexa, Mitchell and Jessica (Hi guys and gals! Hope you are enjoying the first few days of holidays, yipee, we get to stay up late!)
Really, I think I could have made it farther if I hadn't made four stops before I even got started, just had to make the rounds to say "See you in a bit" to my neighbours and my Mom. It was good practice because the weight of the bike is slighly different fully packed (somehow I managed to stuff and elephant into one of my saddlebags). I am going to try to post a link to the google map that approximates where I've been - but here are the highlights, Battersea, Gananoque, Clayton, LaFargeville, Dexter, Pulaski (and around and around Pulaski - ask Garmin Dan about that one), Mexico, Fulton, Hannibal, Rochester, West Henrietta, Rush and now here I am treating myself to a comfortable hotel (what am I going to do when the trip gets rough - yikes) in Geneseo. I've had a refreshing swim in the pool and a 20 minute hike to Walmart (last of the big spenders, dinner from the Walmart Super Store). Leslie, I had to use my leatherman tonight - I needed the scissors to open the bag of cheese that said tear here (right), cut here if you want to actually eat the cheese.
I guess I was so excited about getting on the road, I didn't want to stop to take pictures, that and the fact I realized it would be an effort to get at the camera which was packed under the zebra that I apparently packed in the top bag, (must rethink the packing for day two). There were a few scenic spots along the route, but really nothing I'd call breathtaking. So todays pictures kids ... me and my bike in front of the hotel along with the nice Harley couple (from Pittsburg Pennsylvania - they're here for a wedding by the way) who took my picture in front of the hotel.
My Prissy little VStar is working well, humming along. I'm so happy not to have to oil chains or check tension on belts - the drive maintainence is up to my most spectacular mechanics (just the way I like it.) I check the oil, check the air presure in the tires, put in gas and get on and ride. Must say, that around 2 this afternoon, my usual droop time, I appreciated having some upbeat tunes to listen to thanks to Garmin Dan - even if he did insist that I tour Pulaski until people started to point at me.


Hey, It worked!!!
View Larger Map

2 comments:

  1. Already in a hotel....so much for all the camping gear so neatly packed in rolls behind you..
    signed: your neighbour, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to see that you are relaxing at a hotel and taking in some quality shopping as well!
    You really do look great on your bike!
    Looking forward to reading more about your adventure tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete