Yes Emily

Yes Emily, girls can ride motorcycles!


Sunday, October 31, 2010

Wrong Again! - Your Canadian Weather UpDate

Right now my little weather tab is showing it will be three degrees and partially sunny, not warm enough to ride but, "Holy Snowflakes Batman", have you looked outside lately? It hasn't been sunny since it was time for the sun to come up and the snowflakes that have had me mesmerized for hours have been big enough to block any attempt that the sun may have made to shine. (Oh no, its happened - my blog has become nothing more than a weather commentary). Of course I have to admit that I'm wrong again too - Yup, I thought for sure there would be one more weekend to ride. Now with the time change leering just around the corner of next week, which means I go to work in the dark and come home in the dark I may not even have the chance, if it happens to be sunny one day, to ride the bike into storage. Don't know about you but in the winter it feels like I'm a troll, living constantly in the darkness.
I guess it's time to work on a little optimism - hey, winter, it's a great time to check out the bike shows in the area. We've got the Toronto Motorcycle Show Dec. 10 to 12, The North American International Super Show Jan. 7, 8 and 9 then the Toronto International Spring Motorcycle Show April 9 and 10 just to mention a few here in SE Ontario. One word of advice if you're planning to attend any of the Toronto shows - go early, they get crazy busy - shoulder to shoulder crowds. Now they say that parking is free for motorcycles at the December show in downtown Toronto - make sure you've got your slush tires on - it's Canada, it's winter!
And on another optimistic note, we can all plan next summer's tour - Where is it you want to go? Where have you been? Where are the best roads to ride?
Like Coolcycledude, I'm envious of those whose riding season isn't dictated by the weather. Have a Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment