Yes Emily

Yes Emily, girls can ride motorcycles!


Saturday, August 6, 2011

Post Trip-partum Depression

The Star is covered and sitting on the drive (couldn’t put her into the storage shed as the grape vines crept in and took over most of the floor space while I was away). My gear is helter skelter all over the house, laundry is waiting and I just wanted to stay in my jammies for the day. I’m afraid it’s post trip-partum depression. To make things worse, the Star is feeling depressed after the trip as well. The back tire is definitely showing its age. Now, it’s a good thing that it got me home, but it means I will not be riding to meet Renee (aka Belt Drive Betty) on the Ottawa to North Bay leg of her “Share the road” awareness conga as I had hoped. I spoke with her tonight and she’s had lots of folks meet up with her for sections of the ride. There’s still time left - you can find her itinerary at Belt Drive Betty.

To distract me, my friend Barbara and her Border Collie Logan took me to see the Sheep Dog Trials. Dogs and their trainers come from all over North America to compete in the trials held at Grass Creek Park, just east of Kingston, on the shore of the St. Lawrence River. It was a dog filled day and quite a display.

View from the beach today
Upcoming blogs planned (when I am finished being depressed and have chopped my way through the weeds and vines): What I've learned from the road , What worked what didn't: an equipment review, More scenes from around town: there must be somewhere else I can go ... and whatever else comes to mind.

2 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention that we saw "Emily", to whom this blog is dedicated, at the trials. Small world. Complete circle, I would say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home. I know the let-down feeling of having to return to regular life, wishing I could be on vacation every day!

    ReplyDelete